Saturday, June 13, 2009

Real People Real Music Real Radio


Greetings and Salutations!

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Ralph Anybody, morning DJ at KPIG radio, broadcasting out of Freedom California at 107oink5 FM, and on-line at http://www.kpig.com/ we also simulcast The Pig in San Luis Obispo, San Francisco and Chico, California.

Those of you who do know me…I mean really know me, know my real name, and those of you who don’t know me only need to know me as Ralphie…besides, if you know Ralphie, than you know me, and that’s all you need to know, because we are the same person….confusing enough for you?….I’m confused and I wrote it!

You can Google KPIG, or, better yet, it’s founder Laura Ellen Hopper and find out more about the greatest radio station on the face of the earth…sadly, most of the hits for Laura Ellen are from the many obituaries published after her untimely death back in 2007...we miss you Laura. Laura was the Pit Bull that kept our Corporate Masters (Mapleton Communications) from coming in our yard and stomping (crapping) all over our beautiful format!!

I feel that Mapleton, through some bad business decisions and an uncertain economy, is slowly and painfully killing The Pig. They never understood what a gem of a radio station they owned, and instead of polishing this gem and taking good care of it and putting it in a glass case, they shoved it in a drawer with all the other faux gems and fools gold they own, never realizing it’s worth.

Don't get me wrong, there is still no radio station like it with it’s eclectic mix of music and comedy, but I fear it will soon be gone and then there really will be no station like it…anywhere…at all…ever again!

Some of our incredibly loyal and longtime listeners have started a grass-roots campaign to help save the pig, and a website where you can post your comments, which will be sent to our Corporate Masters, at http://www.savethepig.us/


So thank you for your support!

I guess that’s all for now!

Ralphie

No comments:

Post a Comment