Saturday, March 27, 2010

More Pearlington...And By The Way...


Here's a photo of the team that was there for week one of our last trip to Pearlington
That's Brittany down in front...she has planned and led all nine of these trips to Pearlington...





And by the way...
Brittany Overbeck is one of this years Jefferson Award Winners!!


Yay Brittany!!




She is currently leading another team to Pearlington for a week, and she will be blogging about the zany and not so zany antics of the Mississippi Team and their trip at http://www.ca2ms.blogspot.com/ this is exactly what she looks like when blogging...except I'm not there this time!



Congratulations!!

Ralphie
THIS JUST IN:
Brittany was chosen as the Jefferson Award Winner who will get to go to Washington D.C.

2 comments:

  1. I reread your Huh? Duh? Wuh? post, after reading the latest Pearlington posts (And what's really more important? That I get to listen to the Pig for free or that someone have a house to live in, since the feds haven't been able to get their act together - "heck of a job, Brownie," my ass.)

    I'm on what is laughingly called a fixed income. I'm one of those people who isn't getting a raise in benefits because, after all, the cost of living hasn't gone up, right? I mean, it must be true - the federal government told me so. And that $4,000 doughnut hole in Medicare drug coverage? Why, Obama's going to give me a $250 rebate towards that! Takes my breath away - "heck of a job, Barry!"

    So sure, I'd accept a gift from a Pig sponsor, because I have to count every dollar that goes out. Even though the cost of living hasn't risen (right?), the costs of food, housing, etc., have risen for many of us, not just me.

    And finally, I have to say, only this time I really mean it: "Heck of a job, Ralphie!" What you and your church group are doing in Pearlington puts those of us who are carping about the Pig to shame. I may not exactly be rich, but I have a roof over my head and adequate food to eat. Maybe a little too much food, actually.

    Thanks for your blog, the smiles you and Aileen brought to my face when I was able to listen to KPIG, the wonderful music. Yes, I miss it very badly, but you've put it into perspective, perhaps without meaning to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for listening, for reading the blog and for your comments.

    It seemed like a natural place for my mind to go when trying to get away from all the B.S. at work! Trying to focus on something positive!

    I only wish I could have physically gone with the team this time!

    ReplyDelete