Monday, October 7, 2013

God Speaks

I truly believe that God speaks to us in many ways...He often speaks to me through music and lyrics...at the appropriate moment, some song will sing some lyric that speaks to a worry or a joy that is on my heart...it happens quite often and it always makes me smile...that's how I know its a message from God, because it makes me smile and gives me hope.

Sometimes, though, when we least expect, some message will come out of the least likely of places.

A couple weeks ago I was working early in the morning at my second job, cleaning the bathrooms at our church in Felton, when I got a message from God that was just for me!

In the women's restroom there are those little boxes in the stalls with the wax paper bags inside for depositing used feminine hygene products. I peek inside those everyday, because you reeeaaaallly don't want to leave those unattended for too long!

On this particular morning I peered in and saw that there was indeed something in one of those bags...I could tell it was just some paper trash that someone had put in there. I knew Kids Club had met at church that day and I figured some child, not knowing what that box was for, had thrown some trash in there. When I took it out and looked, I found it contained a pew envelope, the kind for putting money in when making an offering.
On the back outside flap of the envelope, written in a child's writing, it said: "There is a special message for you from God inside..."

I flipped it open, and on the inside flap, in the same child's writing it said: "God Thinks You Are Nice"

I stared at it a little stunned for a moment, taking it all in...and then I smiled, chuckled and gave thanks!

I gave thanks not just because it's good to know that God, whom I think is nice, also thinks that I am nice...but because I knew that message was intended for me and me alone!

After all, brothers and sisters,  I am the only one who would ever be looking in that little receptacle!

Ralphie

1 comment: