Saturday, December 5, 2009

Getting Excited













I’m getting excited about our trip to Pearlington! We leave in less than two weeks, on December 18th!

I’ve been excited about going back since before we returned from our last trip!

The last trip we were only there for one week, and it just didn’t seem like enough time (there’s so much that still needs to be done there), but this time around some of us have the opportunity to go for two weeks!


Thanks, Frank, for getting me the time off, and thanks to Arden and Vick and others who will be doing my shifts while I’m gone!


And I must thank all you Pigs who have unselfishly contributed to this team, to help us get there and help one small town get their lives back! You guys never cease to amaze me!

I plan to be posting blogs (and Squeals) from Mississippi, internet access permitting…



Right now, it’s just planning and packing…I do kind of miss not having our Christmas tree up, but why bother! We’ll go cut one down from someone’s yard when we get to Mississippi!! OKAY, we won’t really do that…probably!




Brittany will also be blogging at the www.ca2ms.blogspot.com site. If you haven’t made a donation yet, you can get all the info there on how to do that!



And if you don’t want to give to this trip, that’s okay…give to Second Harvest Food Bank, or Valley Churches United, or The Salvation Army , or Jacob’s Heart, or any person or group that moves you…that needs you…and not just at this time of year, but all year long!



If you have the means to help someone, then you must do it!


If we all do a little, we can get a lot done!!



Ralphie





No comments:

Post a Comment