Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sweet Emeline



You know that last stretch of Highway 1 northbound as you come into Santa Cruz, where the construction is going on and the road narrows and the traffic gets bunched up and slow and then it goes from that to three lanes and people start driving fast but they're still really bunched up but they're driving faster as they approach Highway 17 and the 'fishhook'!!!!!.....and then you see the Emeline Street Exit...your last chance...like a safety chute taking you to a slower, more relaxing scenic route along the frontage road...???

Wellll, 

That's how my life feels right now...like that last stretch of Highway 1...except I can't get over to the exit!!



AND...an amusing side-bar...

On that same stretch of Highway 1 I was behind a large delivery truck driving for about two miles with its left blinker on and not changing lanes....when I was finally able to pass it,  

I saw the logo on the side...

It was...




  
The California Grey Bears!!!!!


 
It really is a great comfort to know that no matter how hectic my life gets...I can still appreciate irony!! 


Ralphie

No comments:

Post a Comment