Tuesday, March 5, 2013

That Face

If you scroll down you'll see that picture of me that I posted on my birthday...I keep looking at that old picture of myself standing on the front lawn of our house on Lincoln St. in my Mickey Mouse shorts holding up a book, smiling and giving some half-assed wave to the camera. I was probably 4 years old, and there is something about that smile...it's not quite happy...at first I thought it was because I was facing into the sun and just squinting, but the more I look at it, the more it looks like I was not all that happy to be there taking a picture with this stupid book! Forget the mouth, you can always tell a real smile in the eyes. 


Maybe I was just anxious because the sun was blinding me...take the picture already!


I seem to have that same strained smile on my face a lot lately.


My Mom did always say if you make that face... 


Ralphie

No comments:

Post a Comment