Saturday, November 21, 2009

All The Best

My Dad died 3 days after New Years in 1994.

Today, November 21st , is his birthday. He would have been 85.

I still miss him. I thank God everyday for him, and I thank him everyday for all that he gave me.

I wonder how he would have aged…Gracefully? Painfully?

He was an incredibly funny person (he performed with a comedy team in college and went on to write for Bob Hope and Red Skelton in the 50’s) so I often wish I could pick up the phone and see what he thought of some new movie or show on TV. Would he think that Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert and their shows were funny? I think he would have appreciated them, though he was kind of old school comedy…Mel Brooks or the early Pink Panther films were really his style.



Besides a great sense of humor and a zest for life, Dad was kind, loving and giving. He was a creative and talented writer, and he had a great voice…sound like anyone you know?!




And, oh yeah…he was also one of the most amazing cooks you could have ever met. More than a cook, he was really a Master Chef! Everyone who ever had a meal in our house said he should have had his own cooking show! I don’t think anything gave him more pleasure than to create a meal and have family and friends gathered around the table…the more the merrier! Our kitchen and dining room were the loudest, most fun-filled rooms in the house!!




So that’s him in a nutshell…and me too!


I truly got all the best of him!






So, again, thank you God!






Thank you Dad!






You are missed every day.











Reenie






No comments:

Post a Comment