Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thrill Ride

I was looking at a newspaper article from this past summer about The Lazard Group taking over Mapleton Communications. I saw a quote from Adam Nathanson from a few years back that said he was “thrilled” to be collaborating with Lazard. Well of course he was “thrilled”, at that time they were giving him a butt-load of money to buy up a bunch more radio stations!

I wonder if he’s still “thrilled” now that Lazard has taken controlling interest in Mapleton after they couldn’t pay back the loans….I mean, after all, it was because of Adam that this thrilling new business opportunity has come about!! I wonder if he still has that excited, wide-eyed, kid-in-a-candy-store look on his face now that he’s found out the candy ain’t so sweet!

More than likely Adam has his usual expression on his face, that of a deer-caught-in-the-headlights.

Well, actually, Adam is more likely the scapegoat-caught-in-the-headlights! I know that Adam is the one who seems to be in charge, who we see at the helm, who we Pigs interact with whenever it is that we interact with management…but if you look closer, you’ll probably notice his fathers hand in his back moving the mouth and shaking hands over deals.


Unfortunately, there is now another hand in the back controlling events…a hand that’s not family! I guess that’s why there has been little if any chatter from our corporate masters in recent months…they are busy nodding yes and trying to protect their phoney-baloney jobs!


That sound you hear is the quiet...right before the other shoe drops!


Big business…it’s so thrilling!!

Ralphie

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me it ain't so. I don't want to see the Pig go the way of so many other good radio stations.

    Soon enough, I'll be listening to nothing but public radio and foreign stations (Radio France's FIP, Radio Sweden's SR Varlden) over the Internet. Definitely worth listening to, but not, well, American music.

    And in the car, I'll have my MP3 player - but where will I learn about the good new and old music that the Pig plays?

    ReplyDelete